2020 SESSION ONE: Ministry in Catholic Health Care + Jesus, The Foundation of Catholic Health Care
Recorded On: 01/17/2020
Ministry and Sponsorship in Catholic Health Care
Carrie Meyer McGrath, and Diarmuid Rooney
The objective is to enable participants to articulate what it means to say that Catholic health care is a ministry of the church, and to describe the emerging role of sponsors. The themes include:
- What do we mean when we say health care is a ministry?
- What is the relationship of Catholic health care to the broader ministry of the church, including the heritage of the religious women and men who founded and nurtured the health ministry in the United States?
Jesus, The Foundation of Catholic Health Care
Carrie Meyer McGrath
The objective is to enable participants to express the relationship of the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the foundation and work of Catholic health care. The themes include:
- What are the implications of describing “the healing ministry of Jesus” as the foundation of our ministry?
- How do we understand Jesus as a healer of the whole person?
What are the foundational healing stories for the Catholic health ministry?
- What is the role of sacred scripture as a spiritual touchstone for leaders?